In lines with the General Data Protection Regulations or GDPR, it is vital to ensure that your organisation is protected. This could include registering with the Information Commissioner's Office
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, any organisation that processes personal information must register with the ICO. Failure to do so is a criminal offense, however some organisations may exempt and don't need to register with the ICO.
The ICO's website state exemptions for:
- Organisations that only process personal information for:
- Staff administration
- Advertising, marketing and public relations (in connection with your own business activity)
- Accounts and records
- Some not-for-proffit organizations
- Organisations that process personal data only for maintaining a public register
- Organisations that don't process personal information on computer systems
However, if your organisation operates a CCTV system you will have to register, even if you are exempt for one or more of the reasons listed above.
Take 5 minutes to register yourself with ICO today at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-fee/self-assessment/. For more help with data protection and ICO registration get in touch with our expert team today on 01642 248 750 or Click2Talk.